2.05.2009

Aarik Danielsen's 2008 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack or The Audacity of Rock

I commemorate the end of every year with a year-in-review CD, compiling all the music that captivated me most and best expresses the year I had. It took me a bit longer to cull everything I loved from 2008 but here is the final tracklisting (I don't usually make dual-disc mixes, but this was a good year...):

Disc 1:
1. coldplay:: lovers in japan/reign of love
2. death cab for cutie:: cath...
3. yesan damen:: monuments to ambition
4. beck w/cat power:: orphans
5. break and repair method:: calling all electrical prints
6. anna ternheim:: little lies
7. jakob dylan:: will it grow
8. matthew perryman jones:: when it falls apart
9. jenny lewis w/elvis costello:: carpetbaggers
10. my morning jacket:: alumnium park
11. the black keys:: I got mine
12. lucinda williams:: tears of joy
13. the war on drugs:: a needle in your eye #16
14. fleet foxes:: mykonos
15. the decemberists:: valerie plame

Disc 2:
1. snow patrol:: take back the city
2. m83:: kim and jessie
3. r.e.m.:: man-sized wreath
4. tv on the radio:: golden age
5. ryan adams and the cardinals:: cobwebs
6. john mellencamp:: my sweet love
7. ray lamontagne:: you are the best thing
8. the hold steady:: sequestered in memphis
9. old crow medicine show:: highway halo
10. giant sand:: stranded pearl
11. bon iver:: creature fear
12. the national eye:: the farthest shore
13. scouts:: whiskey echo lima lima
14. coldplay:: death and all his friends

No comments: